Saturday, May 17, 2014

Not My Month

May has not been my month. Do you ever have a month during the year that at the end of the year when you are reflecting you just skip over it because you don't care to remember it? Well, that is May for me. May and I have not really been friends. I am hoping by the end of the month we can reconcile and become friends again.

This month I had my fake heart attack scare, which turned out to be acid reflux (but still hurt like the dickens!), I started my first day of work with a double ear infection, Simon left for England for a month, I got the stomach flu during my second week of work and had to miss 3 days (so in two weeks I have only worked 5 days, I am sure they are rethinking their decision to hire me), and I had to move the 2nd day I had the stomach flu after Simon had already left. Phew. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Ok. That was somewhat therapeutic to get off my chest. I realize my problems are very tiny in comparison to the things other people have going on in their lives. I just needed my woe is me moment and now I can move on.

In every gray cloud there are always some sliver linings. Here are some of my silver linings from this month:

  • Simon being a huge help to me through the first two health issues and calming me as I started work again (or I guess trying to calm me)
  • Katelyn, my sister, who is 9 months pregnant and due next Saturday, making me soup and buying me gatorade while I had the stomach flu
  • Katelyn and Dalton allowing Simon and I to stay with them until we could move into our apartment
  • The fact I have a good job with amazing health benefits
  • An apartment to live in
  • AMAZING friends and family who helped me move while I was sick- Nikki, Jessica, Jeff, Brian, Liz, Dalton, and Katelyn (well Katelyn got us pizza)- I could not have done it without them
It has been a rough month, but there have still been some positives. Oh and Memorial Day is in a week, which is another silver lining because I don't have work. 

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant about my month. Here is to a healthier and happier June!

2 comments:

  1. June will be better for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those bad months are awful, but June will definitely be better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete