Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I am not a mom yet, but I am definitely surrounded by some awesome ones! I am especially grateful for my mother. Here is a list of things I love about my mother:
  1. She is one of the most selfless people I know. Growing up I always remember doing service with her. We would often clean other people's houses, take people meals, etc. She would never say no to someone in need.
  2. She would give someone the shirt off her back. I remember one time we were at the grocery store and the lady in front of us couldn't pay for her groceries. Without even hesitating my mom paid for this lady's whole cart of groceries. 
  3. My mom likes to have fun and taught us the importance of this. I have many memories of my mom letting us have massive sleepovers or going to take my friends and I to toilet paper people's houses. 
  4. My mom is super faithful. She never waivers in her beliefs and her testimony of Jesus Christ. She loves going to church and she loves keeping the commandments. She is a great example of Christ.
Here is a lovely picture of my mother doing what she does best... loving on her grand-babies:

I am also grateful for Aleta who joined the Kofford clan in November of 2012. We haven't had a ton of time together, but she has been a great addition to the family and is also expecting a little girl in July. We couldn't be more excited!

I also wanted to mention Simon's mom in this post. Even though I have never met her I am extremely grateful she raised such a great son. Simon speaks highly of his mother and misses her. I know I will be able to meet her someday. Here is a picture of her:

Also, shout out to my sisters who are mom's- Kira and Becky. They are also amazing examples to me of what mother's should be like. They are raising some pretty great kids! 


And last but not least, the soon to be mom in our family, Katelyn. Baby Brielle is expected to arrive at the end of this month! I took maternity pictures for her, more of those coming soon...

Happy Mother's day to everyone! I hope those close to you spoil you!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I love your mom! She was always there to be my substitute mom when I needed her and I will never forget that. Tell her hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Love you

    ReplyDelete