Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Wonderful Saturday

I have had a pretty rough month- emotionally, physically, and mentally. I feel like I am on the up-swing and that life has a way of working itself out. I decided to go to the temple this morning for a much needed visit. I woke up just before 6am to get there early so I wouldn’t have a 2+ hour wait. The Provo Temple is probably the busiest I have ever been to and Saturdays are the busiest.

I was greeted outside with my favorite weather… cool and damp with gray skies. It may have even been raining a little bit. That is definitely one thing I miss about England, the weather! I told Simon I wanted to live somewhere with cool and damp weather… Washington was the only place I could really think of… maybe OR too, but I am not sure.   He is kind of sad about it because he wants to end up in Vegas… too hot! I guess we will just have to see where life takes us.

I took some picture because I thought it was so beautiful this morning:
Right outside our apartment door

As you walk out the doors of the temple

Moroni

One of my favorite places and where Simon and I got married

Tomorrow is one of my best friend’s birthdays so some friends and I took her out to lunch. Nikki and I met in Abnormal Psychology at BYU (Ha, she is CrAzY) the semester right after my mission. I was good friends with her brother (I think he was on his mission at the time) and we recognized each other’s last names in the class (and she recognized me from photos she had seen). We became instant friends. I love when that happens in life. It hasn’t happened very often for me, but with Nik it was an easy and instant connection. We have been friends ever since.

Nik and I were roommates when I got back from Honduras and then again after she returned from her mission.  I used to keep her up till like 3am talking about life and my mission. I would always yell at her “Nikki are you awake?????” I would also give her weird nicknames because I am nice like that (I think her favorite is Toad). I am sure she loved all of this. I think of her as a sister and I am grateful to have her in my life. A few of us, former roomies- two ladies that I also love, took her out to lunch today. She picked Texas Roadhouse, which I will not complain about. I love that place. Here are a few pictures from the outing. Happy Birthday Nikki Rooskie!
Jessica and Anjilee

Me and Nik

After lunch I went over to Kira's so we could go to Costco. She let Jeffrey bring his sword, so he and I had a grand old time fighting bad guys and sampling all the delicious food. He even named my purse Batman. Ha. Here are some picts with this cutie:
Sampling the carnation instant breakfast

Chips and salsa... Jeffrey wanted to know what made the salsa hot

Jeffrey and his mama

Lastly, I was able to see my good friends Piper and Suzy! Piper, Suzy and I were on the same dorm floor (shout out to U Hall at DT!) our freshman year at BYU. We became really good friends and hung out all the time. We keep in touch via email, but haven’t seen each other in years! Piper was living in Boston, but then moved to Gilbert, AZ with her husband and 2 girls. Suzy and her husband live in Orem. We definitely plan to hang out. Piper and her family were driving through Provo on their way to Washington. I love seeing old friends. It definitely made my night and the time went by too quickly! Here is a picture from dinner:
Suzy, Me, and Piper

It was an awesome Saturday and just what I needed. The only thing missing was Simon. Two more weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you all get to hang out together in Provo! Can we all hang out when I visit in July? ;)

    ReplyDelete