Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Goodness

I love 3 day weekends. So much. They are my favorite. This one was much needed (getting burned out at work). We planned for some fun activities to take full advantage of our time off work. Friday night we went on a double date with Kira and Jeff. We went to the Nickelcade and then to Culver's. We worked up a sweat at the Nickelcade (we aren't competitive at all) and then had tasty treats after. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them.

Onion rings as big as your face!

Koff and I

Saturday morning I got a group of our friends together to go canoeing at Utah Lake. It was us, the Lisonbees, the Chriswells, Carmen and Luisa, and Jessica and Jody. Simon and I fought the whole first half on the way to the lake. Haha. He kept running me into trees (of course it was completely his fault... wink wink), but then we got the hang of it and the way back was much more fun. It is so beautiful in Utah. I have really loved living here. After canoeing, most of us went to Guru's to get some food. Such a fun morning!

Getting the canoes in the water

Adam and Lisha Lisonbee

Simon

Adam and Lisha

Carmen and Luisa

Me and Simon

Luisa an Carmen

So classy

On the river 

Ryan and Suzy Chriswell

Jody, Jake the dog, and Jessica

Lovely

Beautiful

Love

That face!


I love Utah mountains

A quick break 1/2 way through




The whole gang: L to R: Suzy, Ryan, Simon, Carmen, Luisa, Jessica, Jody, Lisha, Adam, and Jake the dog


This time with me in it... go BYU!

After canoeing and eating out we went to my parent's house to watch the BYU game. We got there about 1/2 through the 2nd quarter. The whole game stressed me out, but it was so good and of course the Hail Mary at the end was amazing!!!! Sad our QB will be out all season though. 

Sunday we had a family dinner and then Monday Simon and I did some shopping and then went to my parent's for a BBQ and to play this new game Kate and Dalt have. It's called "Viking Chess" and was a lot of fun. The rules are too complicated to explain in a blog... so if you ever want to learn let me know and we can have you over!

Me and Baby B

Jeffrey getting ready to take his turn

Jeffrey

The babies

The game set up

The dudes

Kate telling people to be quiet so she could explain the rules


Ma and grandpappy gopher

1 comment:


  1. 482 year old secret to surviving SHTF

    What if I told you that NASA rediscovered a superfood that's been lost to history for the past 482 years?

    It's packed with more nutrients than any other food out there and last even longer than pemmican.

    In fact, it's so easy to store and cheap to make, you might never need another emergency food.

    ==> Click here to see how you can make your own

    ReplyDelete