Saturday, June 21, 2014

Feeling Nostalgic

Simon and I have been in our new place for about a month now. Since we went from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom we are having to go through all of our stuff again and get rid of things that won't fit in our apartment. We have slowly been going through the stuff we had in storage AND this past week my mom brought all my childhood stuff and mission stuff from their garage (I had quite a bit there). Evenings this week were dedicated to going through everything and getting rid of stuff I could. Here is an example of what I am talking about...

All my wedges and most of my heels (all my Vans, sneakers, and boots not shown)

It is hard to get rid of certain things, but we have made some really good progress. Plus, Simon said I could keep all my shoes if we have room for them. Happy girl here.

I loved going through my mission stuff. It made me feel so homesick for it! So many good memories came flooding back (and some hard ones too!). I was looking at lists of past companions, old journals, photos, and letters. There are times it really hits me how much I miss my mission. I loved the people there and I will never forget what an impact that year and 1/2 had on my life.

I also went through all my trophies and such. After 7th grade I stopped playing softball. Most of the trophies are from my childhood days, but I did do JV basketball for 2 years in high school and 2 years of cross country. Here is a photo of the table. I threw all the trophies away because when am I ever going to need those again... so I figured a picture would suffice. My next blog post will detail what each was for (I know you all are sooooo excited to read about it). Since I won't have them to show my kids, I at least want some pictures to tell them about it.


Going through all this stuff reminded me how grateful I am for parents who allowed me to experience a lot of different things growing up, from sports to music to extracurricular school activities, etc. I had a really fulfilling childhood and wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

  1. I'd keep the Moroni Award - just saying. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, mission stuff. Last year I finally went through it all and put it in a binder. Some stuff I could not remember why I would keep it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete