Sunday, August 31, 2014

Staycation in SLC

I was in charge of our date night this week, I kind of went a little crazy. I just needed a little getaway so I decided we would go to SLC and stay the night up there. I had to return my boss' car to a dealership in Centerville anyway, so it would work out great. Simon didn't know and had to work a grave the night before so I packed everything and sent him a text in the morning to let him know our date would involve not coming home. I like surprising people.

I got a good deal on hotwire.com using their secret hotel site. You don't know what hotel you are going to get, just the stars and % of people who would recommend it. They do give you general area, but that is about it. We ended up at The Monaco Hotel (A Kimpton Hotel). It was pretty nice, but I would rate it a high 3 star hotel instead of the 4 it is. The location was great.

We dropped off my boss' car and then went and checked into the hotel. We were hungry so we decided to get dinner. We went to the Red Iguana, Simon had never been and I had only been once. I got the Tacos de la Iguana... which were amazing! Highly recommend anything with their shredded beef. Simon got chicken enchiladas, but I don't like their red sauce so I wasn't a big fan. Their salsa was yummy too.
Trying the different types of Mole... we didn't like any of them

Tacos a la Iguana... so good

After that we went and walked around City Creek Mall and then got some ice cream. It was relaxing. The next morning we slept in and then walked to this waffle place that wasn't too far from our hotel. It was one I have been wanting to try... Bruges Waffles and Frites. We shared a vanilla waffle with chocolate sauce, creme, and strawberries plus a small fry (healthy I know). Then we walked across the street to the farmer's market and walked around. We went back to the hotel, checked out, and went to Fashion Place Mall because I needed to stop by the MAC store. After we walked around we got a vanilla bean cheesecake slice to go from the Cheesecake Factory. If you haven't tried it, it is delicious. Then off to home.
Contemplating on this lovely morning

Breakfast of champions... waffle and fries

It was a lovely weekend. Relaxing with lots of good food:).

4 comments:

  1. I'm still dreaming of the food truck rally! That burrito was AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruges is soooo good!!!!! I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun. Also, now I want waffles. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sweet wife to plan all that :) How fun!

    ReplyDelete