Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Grandma's Funeral

My grandma passed away last week. Irma Isabel Haycock (maiden name Motz). She was 90 years old and lived a good and fulfilling life. For those that knew her, she was fiesty and kind. You never had to wonder where you stood with her. She pretty much raised 4 boys on her own and worked hard to provide for them. She was a convert to the LDS church, two missionaries knocked on her door many years ago. Her decision to join the church has lead to some of her posterity being members. My dad was baptized the same day she was with his oldest brother John. My dad later served a mission in Chile and then years later, met and married my mom in the temple.

I am grateful for the example of this strong and faithful woman in my life. I will never forget her influence. Here are some pictures from her funeral Saturday:

The Pallbearers L to R: Dad, Alan Weir, Brad Mortensen, Alex Mortensen, John Mortensen, and Chris Mortensen



Becky and her girls: Maddie, Phoebe, and Kylie


Kira and her kids: Eve and Jeffrey

Her sons: Brad, Chris, Joe, and John

The sons with my cousin Alex (Uncle Chris' son)

Friends at the funeral

Grandma's niece and nephews are in this one L to R: Mark, Irma, and Roberto

The whole family that was there

All the cousins: Becky, Kira, Alex, Me, and Rach

Grandma

The luncheon




My grandma has a burial plot in Cedar where her husband was buried. They drove her down and my dad did a nice little ceremony at the gravesite on Tuesday. Dad, Rachael, Simon, and Alan were the only ones who could go down. My cousin Tina and her 2 kids met them there, and some people from Cedar came. Simon said it was very nice.




Their headstone

The people at the service

Dad and Rach

Dad and Rach again

Their children's names on the back of their headstone


No comments:

Post a Comment